The occupational therapist (OT) will work with the home owner and contractor to develop a functional and aesthetically acceptable design for the home renovation. These renovations could include:
- Improving the accessibility of the home by installation of a porch lift and/or ramp.
- Improving the access inside the home with installation of a stair glide or elevator.
- Improving the access in the bathroom by installation of bathroom equipment or complete renovation.
- Installation of overhead lifts for bed to wheelchair transfers or wheelchair to commode transfers.
- Recommendations for new home construction for doorway widths, counter heights, cabinet design etc.